Apr 21, 2022
These are some of a part of the progress reports I have written to two of my students Vita and Riva:
- Vita has been a dynamic force in our class by her matter-of-fact practicality and good judgment, her fine sense of humor, and her kindness. As she moves comfortably from one activity to another, from one friend or group of friends, Vita generously sows a sense of balance, comfort, and control. She is a good friend, a subtle, but strong, influence…
- I can always count on Riva to be responsible, dependable, and kind-hearted. Even-tempered and in control, she is not rattled either by the new or the unexpected. She is instead, flexible and resourceful. Hannah is also extremely responsive to the feelings of others and respectful of their opinions. She is an active listener, one who really hears what the other person is saying and who can respond accordingly…
Aren’t they amazing!!!
In light of tragic world events, REMEMBER….how influential we are as parents and teachers.
Imagine the world filled with a person like vita who is balanced, kind, and peaceful.
if people intrinsically knew how to truly listen and understand each other like Riva…
Let create this new reality together. It’s up to us, one respectful and loving interaction at a time.
Here are some examples:
- I’m grateful for you.
- Your opinions matter.
- I’m excited to spend time with you.
- That’s a great question.
- I tryst you.
- What do you think?
- I can’t wait to hear about it. I love seeing the world your way.
- Tell me more.
- Let’s try it your way
- Laughing with you is the best
- I was thinking so much about you today.
- It’s so cozy and nice to be close to you.
What would be another example of respectful and loving interaction you can think of?